hi i have my made a theme and when i click build it comes up with a error saying
unhandled exception has occurred in your application. if you click continue,the applictaion will ignore this error and attempt to continur.if you click quit,the application will close immediately
access to the path C:\program files\ps3 theme builder\icondefinition.bak' is denied
Any one got any ideas??
First of all:
1) Which OS do you have on your computer?
2) Do you have .NET Framework 2.0 or higher installed?
3) Which version of Theme Builder are you using?
You know, Theme Builder has been programmed to run correctly only on WindowsXP, so... if you have 7 or VISTA, it will never work properly.
Anyway, you could try to do what I explained to many others:
1) First of all, you need to be sure you have Theme Builder 2.5 "Full Install" and 3.0 "Upgrade Only" versions installed on your computer. Also, be sure you have the most recent version of .NET Framework (I think the 3.5 or 4 is available)
2) Go to "lili-chan.com" site and register, then go to "Support" ==> "Official Lili-Chan Theme Builder Discussion & Support" ==> "Theme Builder v3.0 Bug Reports".
Now go to PAGE 7: in the 2nd post (by SBCroix) there's an attachment which contains the "Beta 4.0 files" for Theme Builder. Download it and READ CAREFULLY the post before using those files.
Basically, you need to replace your "3.0 files" with "4.0 Beta" ones, as explained in the post I told you to read (but remember that even so, it's not 100% sure Theme Builder will work properly…)
However, very often the error you mentioned appears when there's something wrong with the "components" of your theme (icons, backgrounds...) so I suggest you to check if all the backgrounds and the icons have the right size and the right image format (although in this case Theme Builder would have warned you already...)
Anyway, try what I told you and let me know.
Im not sure if this is a problem with the builder or, a problem with what im doing, but everytime i extract my file into a USB when i install it on my ps3 the information is completely blank. Whether or not this is common or not, i'd like to find out why it keeps doing that. I even triple checked that the information was put in the theme. Please help or give me the reason why this happens.