@ PS3 Themes
hey I have a decision to make lol and would like some clarity on the site upload rules. I know once you upload something to the internet for free it then becomes property of the internet but just want to know if thats true for this site and basicly what the rules are in terms of re-uploading/re-using of a theme and or it's contents?
this is what it states before you upload a theme
"Here you can upload a theme you’ve made or if you’ve found a good one somewhere on the web. Just be sure it’s not already in our database. All themes will be reviewed before they’re added to the site. It can take anywhere from 1-7 business days for your theme to be added to the site.
Upload Rules & Guidelines *Updated 01 Nov, 2011*:
•File size limit: 15mb
•Preview image rules: Minimum size: 480x270px. NO nudity or too graphic/suggestive imagery. Preview image MUST show the themes icons.
•Don’t upload your theme more than once, it’ll not get added any faster. In fact we’ll not add your theme at all!
•If you want to update a previously added theme please upload the new version and include in the theme description which theme should be replaced OR updated.
•Theme description: Can include how many backgrounds your theme have. HD/SD support or both? What your theme is about. Etc…
•Icons - If you’re using someone else’s icons in your theme remember to acknowledge him in the theme description area.
•Girls/Adult section: Only softcore images/wallpapers/icons allowed.
•No unfinished/test themes allowed. Try to upload the FINAL version of your theme.
So it states you can upload a theme from somewhere so long it's not in the database (I have seen exactly the same theme more than once before lol) and you don't mention anything about backgrounds?
also anyone can have a say on this afterall we are a community
@ PS3 Themes
sort of fella. my questions are
1. who owns the rights of the theme once it's uploaded here? (facebook own any photo you upload)
2. can someone use any backgrounds used in a theme here, change the icons and upload back to here?
3. can someone use elements of dynamic background (script, images, etc) from a theme uploaded here?
1. We claim no ownership of themes uploaded. That's not possible since a lot of themes uploaded contain for example wallpapers owned by someone else than the theme creator.
2. We have no way to check/prevent this. If a theme creator feels his theme has been copied we do take action if he contacts us about it.
3. Basically same answer as above. If you upload a theme with something custom you should be prepared someone else might use it or modify it, this is the internet and that's how things work. 😉 If you don't want someone to use something you've created then maybe add that in your theme description and hopefully people will respect it.
@ADMIN that's great, thank you for involving the community ,id like to comment on this topic i think you shouldnt be able to copy and alter uploaded themes ,it is ok for icons to be used , i know its the internet and people copy/alter everything but there is nothing wrong with , wanting your work to stay the way you intended it to be , is there ?